Dr. Arun Kumar
American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad
- Dr. Arun Kumar worked as Consultant and Head, Department of Nuclear Medicine in Medanta Abdul Razzaque Ansari Memorial Weavers Hospital, Irba, Ranchi from Jan 17 to Oct 17.
- He worked as Senior Resident, Department of Nuclear Medicine in Post Graduate Institue of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India from Jan 15 to Dec 16.
- He worked as Nuclear Medicine Residency (M.D.) in the Department of Nuclear Medicine in Post Graduate Institue of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India from Jan 12 to Dec 14.
- Compulsory Rotatory Internship Year (May 09-May 10) Medical School Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- He completed his M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) including core clinical clerkships in Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, India from Aug 04 to May 09.
- He completed his Board of Intermediate Education in Sri Chaitanya Junior College, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India from Jan 02 to June 04.
- Interpretation and reporting of whole body PET/CT studies (performed with diagnostic quality CT for oncological and non-oncological indications) using conventional and research tracers including:
18F-FDG, F-Choline, 18F-FLT
Cardiac studies performed with 13N-NH3
68Ga labeled radiopharmaceuticals (-DOTATATE, -PSMA Ligand, -RGD)
- Interpretation and reporting of Gamma camera imaging studies including skeletal scintigraphy, renal radionuclide studies, hepatobiliary imaging, parathyroid imaging, salivary scintigraphy, thyroid scintigraphy, lymphoscintigraphy, several other infrequently performed studies (including lacrimal and pleuroperitoneal shunt scintigraphy studies).
- Interpretation and reporting of radionuclide cardiac imaging studies including:
Myocardial perfusion imaging with Thallium, 99m Tc Tracers.
First pass and MUGA studies
PET studies for perfusion and viability assessment
- Hands-on experience in performing novel image guided interventions including percutaneous biopsy procedures PET/CT guided biopsy under automated robotic arm guidance
- Radionuclide therapeutic procedures including:
Low dose and high dose 131I – therapy for hyperthyroidism & thyroid cancer
Bone pain palliation therapy using 153Sm & 177Lu-EDTMP.
Lu-177 based therapies (DOTATATE, PSMA labeled) for Neuroendocrine tumors and prostate cancer)
- Attended several emergency nuclear medicine studies including GI bleed scintigraphy, testicular scintigraphy and V/Q scans during residency.
- Preparation and Quality control of 99m Tc-radiopharmaceuticals and handling of 18F labeled radiopharmaceuticals
- Experience of addressing intra-departmental journal clubs, seminars and inter departmental case discussions with presentations
- Insight in to radiation safety aspects and conceptual understanding of radiation dosimetry.
- Experience in Novel quantitative imaging techniques (including phase analysis, PET based quantitative parameters and PET based texture analysis for response assessment.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and image processing related computer programs including Endnote, Medcalc, SPSS and others.
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques & write and participate actively in innovative research projects.
Dissertation: Pilot Study (Jan 13 – July 15)
Title:”Evaluation of role of Gallium-68 chloride PET/CT imaging in invasive fungal sinusitis”
Mentor: Dr. Anish Bhattacharya, Professor
Status: Manuscript under compilation for publication.
Active affiliate of department projects a PGIMER, Chandigarh PIPET-M trial – Jan 12 – Aug 16.
Automated Robotic Arm assisted PET-guided biopsy project
F-Choline in parathyroid imaging.
Several additional PhD projects.
- Dr. Arun Kumar was awarded silver medal (Merit of First Order) for overall performance during Nuclear Medicine Residency at the 34th convocation of PGIMER.
- He pursued his post-graduation at the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh; a premier national ranked as the second best for postgraduate education in India by securing 28th rank in the national wide entrance examination.
- He received his medical schooling at the Kurnool Medical College, ranked currently as the second best institution for medical education in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- He was awarded ‘Research Travel Grant’ for attending an International conference(IPET – 2015).
- His research work was selected for presentation in highlights lecture at SNM – 2015.
- PGI-AIRP Categorical course series on Neuroradiology (Including Head & Neck Imaging), PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2016.
- Certificate course in “Writing in Science” and “Statistics for Medical Professionals” accredited by Stanford OpenEdx Program, 2016.
- International Conference on Clinical PET-CT and Molecular Imaging (IPET-2015) at Vienna, Austria, 2015.
- Annual Congress of European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) – 2013 at Lyon, France.
- Second World Congress on Ga-68 Molecular Imaging and Peptide Targeted Radionuclide Therapy, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2013.
- Certificate Course in “Research Methodology and Biostatistics in Biomedical Research” PGIMER, 2012.
- CME on “Thereupatic Applications on Nuclear Medicine”- 2012, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Workshop on Quality Control of Nuclear Medicine Equipment, Department of Nuclear Medicine, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2013.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine India Annual Conference – 2012, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Society of Nuclear Medicine Molecular Imaging – US
- Society of Nuclear medicine – India