Dr. A.M.V.R. Narendra
Clinical Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant
American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad
Clinical Hematology and Bone marrow transplant
- Dr. Narendra has more than 13 years of experience working in the Department of Hematology at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- Done first successful syngenic stem cell transplantation in united Andhra Pradesh in 2008 followed by establishing a successful allogeneic stem cell transplantation and transplantation done for all types of blood disorders including congenital, acquired bone marrow failure, Thalassemia, Myelodysplastic syndrome and acute leukemia Recently done Haploidentical bone marrow transplantation for relapsed AML
- Anti-thymocyte globulin therapy for aplastic anemia patients in 2002, and it’s being continued successfully
- Arsenic Trioxide therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia for the first time in NIMS
- Treatment of Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytic Syndrome for the first time in NIMS
- Fudarabine, cyclophosphamide and horse antithymocyte globulin conditioning regimen for allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation performed in non – HEPA filter rooms for multiply transfused patients with severe aplastic anemia R Kumar, S Prem, M Mahapatra, T Seth, DR Chowdhary, P Mishra, L Pillai, AMVR Narendra, NK Mehra, R Saxena and VP Choudhry –Bone Marrow Transplantation (2006) 37, 745 – 749.
- Synchronous Thyroid involvement in Plasma cell Leukemia masquerading as Hoshimoto’s Thyroiditis: Role of Ancillary Cytology Techniques in Diagnostic Work up Ashwin Tandon, T.Roshini Paul, Rekha Singh and A.M.V.R.Narendra Endocrine pathology DOI 10.1007/s 12022-015-9392-5.
- Parvovirus B 19 induced transient Aplastic Crisis in an Immunocompetent child- Letter to Editor Meetu Agrawal, Roshini T Paul, Pramod Pamu. And Narendra AMVR Turkish J of Pathology (2015) vol 31, No.2, 158-159.
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis – A case report AMVR Narendra, G.Varun Kumar, V.R. Srinivasan, A. Krishna Prasad, Shetty Mallikarjuna Indian J of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (2012)–DOI 10.1007/s 12288-012-0210-7.
- Study of Aplastic Anemia with Cyclosporine in resource poor setting Mallikarjuna Shetty, A.M.V.R.Narendra. et al Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2016 June, Vol-10(6): OC 15- OC 18.
Was awarded first prize in the Free Paper Presentation session at 4th Annual Conference – AP State Chapter of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood transfusion (2012), Hyderabad.
- Attended workshop on Stem cells in 2008 which is organized by CCMB
- Attended conference on international conference on stem cell and regenerative medicine: research to business, 22nd to 24th March 2012
- Attending American society of hematology conferences biannually
- Attending regular national and state chapter of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion conferences.
- Member of Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine