- UV radiations
Most of the type of cancer share the risk factors –
- 10% of cancers and 20% of cancer deaths are due to smoking.
- 3% of cancer is related to consumption of alcohol.
- Exposure to radiation
- Faulty diet
- Genetics / Inherited faulty gene
Sometimes cancer may also develop without any cause.
Cancer may be caused in case any of family member also had cancer. It is generally because of –
- Similar food and lifestyle habits (eating and smoking)
- Inherited faulty gene that causes cancer.
- Just by chance
How to know you have chance of developing cancer if someone in your family also has cancer ?
- Look at number of blood relatives who had cancer.
- Age at which the cancer is developed among the family members.
- Pattern of cancer in the family.
Types of family cancer –
- Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)
- Hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (known as HNPCC)
- Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
- Neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2)
- Von Hippel Lindau syndrome (VHL)
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1)
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2)
Genetic testing is the testing of a persons genes. In this technique faulty genes is tested based on strong family history of cancer and the age at which they develop cancer.
Environmental Causes –
There are some environmental causes which are responsible for causing cancer. These may be biological (viruses or bacteria), physical (UV and x-rays), and some carcinogen chemicals.
- Air pollution
- Solarium tanning
- Drinking alcohol
- Deliberate exposure to sunlight
- Excessive exposure to some of the chemicals.
- Smoking marijuana
- Chemicals in processed meat
Inferred risk –
- Use of hair dyes
- Living near power lines
Unknown carcinogen risk –
- Mobile phone use
- Sodium lauryl sulphate in cosmetics
Unlikely risk –
- Drinking coffee
- Consuming artificial sweetener
- Using deodorants
- Dental fillings
- Breast implants
WHATSAPP / IMO REPORTS at +91 85829 30884
> #1 in Cancer Care in India
> JCI Accredited Hospitals
> Board Certified Specialists
> 1000+ Patients Treated
GET COST ESTIMATE
Our Panel Hospitals
All our panel hospitals are JCI or NABH accredited hospitals specializes in treatment of cancer. We have tie up with more than 100 best hospitals in 8 metro cities of India.
All of our panel hospitals uses latest technology for the treatment of cancer. We have team of super specialist cancer surgeons who perform highly advanced minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
All our panel of consultants are board certified and trained to handle any kind of complex benign and malignant tumors. We also provides advice and support for the challenges that a patient may face on their cancer journey.